Why do I wake up around 3:00 a.m., is a frequently asked question.
The answer is a congested liver and kidneys along with a vitamin B deficiency.
If you are suffering from liver, kidneys and vitamin B problems your body will go into a slight crisis around 3:00 a.m. This will cause:
- a blood sugar drop
- or a signal of stress sent to the adrenal glands
- or a reflex in the kidneys causing an urge to urinate.
Any of the three will cause a disturbance in sleep. The three am wake up call is more than just an inconvenience, it is your body's way of alerting you that a more serious problem could be developing. Just remember it is easy for cancer to develop when the liver and kidneys can no longer filter and remove toxins.
Sleeping pills or other drugs are not the answer:
- drugs will mask the problems however, the underlying disorders continue to develop
- high doses of synthetic Vitamin B will produce an adrenal rush of energy and should not be used
- using synthetic Vitamin B will eventually leave your system depleted of nutrients and will create more toxic waste for the all-ready-over-loaded kidneys and liver.
For Vitamin B deficiencies it is better to use a whole food or high quality supplement such as Standard Process, Cataplex B or Xymogen, B-Active, along with a diet high in B's. Include: brown rice, fresh water fish, legumes, raw nuts, raw sunflower seeds, whole grains, asparagus, broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, leafy green vegetables, red potatoes, carrots, sea vegetables (dulse / kelp), oatmeal, dried or fresh plums, prunes and organic raisins.
A three day cleanse is a good start to help reduce toxins. After the cleanse a specifically designed nutritional program can help rebuild and nourish the eliminating organs.
Once the kidneys and liver are functioning properly say goodnight to your 3 a.m. wake-up call.
DOWNLOAD APP: Iles of Herbs
Dr. Melody Iles, Phd, CCMH